Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Falling in Love with Scarves

I want to talk about scarves today. My friend has been inspiring me for a long time! When I first met Lola, I was in awe with her collection of winter jackets and scarves. Literally, every day I saw her in school, she had on a new variation. Most of the time, it was just a different scarf, with a neutral jacket.

But Lola always seemed so stylish. Effortless. And chic. Not only were her scarves fun, but so was the way she tied them. Last year, we picked each other, for "Secret Santas," at work. I got an amazing gift from Lola! That was totally above our set price range. And it was wrapped up, so beautifully, in a gorgeous grey and black scarf.

This began my absolute love of scarfs. Alejandro also bought me a gorgeous white scarf. Which I love to pieces. And I must admit, I have a little list going. Of scarves, that over time, I'd like to collect. I think it would be fun! Such a useful thing to buy. By the way, I always stop by the scarf sections at the store. Just to look around.


First up, is my favorite color. Pink. I'd love a pink scarf. Doesn't matter what shade. Just something pink and feminine. It could have a print, or just be plain.


My entire life, I've always wanted a red scarf. To me, they're very "ladylike." Both my grandma, and my mom, wore red scarves. That's how I knew the holidays were coming! I'd see those beautiful red scarves. I'd love a solid, red scarf. It's at the top of my list!


This mustard-y yellow color is gorgeous! I also like this feminine and flow-y fabric. I first seen a mustard colored scarf last year. At Target. I'm still kicking myself for not buying it! It was only $10.


Since I was in college, I've always had this attraction, to this teal-peacock color. It's just so rich! And at the same time, makes me smile. I also really like this style of scarf.

I've also been lusting after a plum-y colored scarf. Or even deep purple. Wouldn't this be a fabulous color? Perfect for late winter. When you're itching for Spring colors.

I'm also a fan of a few prints. Like this herringbone. Really, I'd love a jacket made with this print. But to start with, I'd love a scarf like this. I think it would look nice with my winter coat, which is black.


And plaid. Any type of plaid really. But this pattern in particular. Not the actual brand, but this pattern. When I was in college, I had a scarf with this print. But I let my roommate use it one night, and never seen it again. :(


The one scarf that I've been hunting down, since my college days, is a peacock scarf. I just love the feathers. There's something majestic and magical about peacock feathers. The only ones I find, are $45 and higher. Really out of my price range, at the moment. Has anyone seen something similar?


Lastly, a little leopard print scarf. So out of character for me! But I think it would be fun to wear. :) Just a little spice. When you're a mommy, sometimes you forget about things like that.

I have 3 scarves. I love them to pieces! And I hope to grow my collection, over the years. I'm someone that enjoys fun things. It doesn't have to be expensive. Just fun, and somewhat useful. Now I just need to learn, all the fun ways to tie them. :)

No comments: